American-Italian Pasta Salad
– 1 (16 ounce) package fusilli pasta
– 1 cup frozen petite peas, thawed
– 2 (2 ounce) cans sliced black olives
– 1 cup cubed Genoa salami
– 3/4 cup chopped green onions
– 3/4 cup chopped celery
– 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
– 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
– 1 cup mayonnaise
– 1 cup sour cream
– 2 tablespoons milk
1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water and drain.
2. In a medium bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, milk and Italian dressing mix. Whisk together until smooth, set aside.
3. In a large salad bowl combine cooked and cooled pasta, peas, olives, salami, green onions, celery and parsley. Mix in dressing last, reserving 1/2 cup. Let sit over night in fridge. Stir before serving. Add extra dressing if pasta appears dry.